*Combined Atlas Mountains and Sahara Tour
- ** Combined Atlas Mountains and Sahara Tour include Toubkal, At 4,167m, Mount Toubkal is the highest mountain in North Africa. The hike to the summit is not really difficult, but it requires no mountaineering experience and the panoramic view from the summit makes the hard work forgotten.
- ** To start climbing this mountain you need just 1.30min driving from the nearest city of Marrakech; then you arrive in Imlil 1740m (Imlil is a small village in the heart of the High Atlas Mountains) from there, where you will meet your team, start your hike. You can reach the summit and back within 2 days before the new adventure to Sahara begins for another 3 days exploring Moroccan desert, there where you can live the real Berber life, and trying to enjoy the geology and the panoramic views.
- Day 1 Marrakech–Imlil 1740m-Toubkal Refuge 3207m:
After a transfer to the small village of Imlil, you begin your trek. Heading along the Mizane valley, you first cross the village of Armed then you join the shrine of Sidi Chamharouch.
Here you will have your first break for lunch before you continue following mule tracks going up into to Toubkal refuge 3207m for overnight and get ready for the following day.
Approx 6 hours walk
- Day 2 Toubkal refuge 3207m–Toubkal peak 4167m –Imlil 1740m:
early in the morning, you make your attempt on the summit of Jebel Toukbal, the highest peak in Northern Africa. Our route takes us up the south cirque, crossing the stream above the refuge. The walking is relatively straightforward, but the scree and the altitude will make the trek quite difficult in parts. The views along the way make the journey more than worthwhile. When you reach the summit you will see that the vistas across the surrounding landscape are quite breathtaking.
Also, great views over Marrakesh Plain to the High Atlas in the north and as far south as the Anti-Atlas and the Sahara. We will retrace our steps when we return down the mountain and head back the Toubkal Refuge where you will have lunch and walk down to Imlil for overnight before you drive to explore the Sahara desert and the 1000 Kasbahs route.
Approx 10 hours walking.
- Day 3: Imlil Valley – Tizi n’Tichka – Dades:
Next! Today we drive towards the Moroccan desert. First over the spectacular pass, passing through many Berber villages.Than riverside oases and barren hillsides clustered with kasbahs. After lunch, we drive to the Roses Valley, with beautiful views of the Dades valley. Also one thousand Kasbahs is The nickname of the region.
Overnight in Dades.
- Day 4: Dades – Todra Gorges – Erg Chebbi dunes:
After breakfast, we drive to Todra Gorge, and after a short stop, drive on to ‘Auberge Palais du Dunes’ at the dunes of Erg Chebbi. Once you arrive the hotel you will have some mint tea and you can get prepared for overnight at the camp in the middle of the Sahara. You drive with your camel to the camp where the cook is preparing your dinner. After dinner you will have an amazing time, there is music and you can see the sky filled with stars.
- Day 5: Merzouga to Marrakech:
Finally. After viewing the most beautiful sunrise, you will ride the camels back to your hotel to have breakfast. From there it will be a long day driving back to Marrakech, with half way different, via Tichka pass.
Why book this trek??